Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Nepal Visit


Off the beat

Sagar weds Nandu
With everyone flown for cousin's wedding, I was living my own (for the first time) and it was sickening me already. People back home were expecting me (I was the only missing one) although I had no plan what-so-ever. With the news of wedding postponed, I had to make an effort and get an approval of two weeks off, atleast. Weekend work to finish off the project, the last minute packing, and anxious me, I didn't have much time left. Next thing I knew, I landed and out the airport door. I was home. Yay! I saw big smiles and waving hands.
The very first good change I noticed on our way was a bunch of police pulling over vehicles for breath test. I was quick enough to pull my seat belt over but my uncle wasn't, he was asked for the breath test. I was pretty impressed. Almost midnight, and we were home. Although jet lagged, chit chats went all night with Rajya aunty (Dad's sister), whom I am close with. Mom joined us too, and dad, 4 in the morning. By the time everyone woke up, the whole house was blasting. The environment was totally different with the wedding just a day away. Everything was ready and so's everyone, I was the only un-prepared one. We did the last minute shopping on the day and by the evening was 'mehendi' time and I fell asleep in a crowded lounge with both hands covered in mehendi, I didnt hear a thing.
This's my first wedding in the family. (Do I not love using the word 'first'?)
Neither did I take my camera home nor did I have time to take photos.
So, I'm skipping the whole chapter here. All I can say, it was a historic event, the wedding!