Saturday, December 14, 2013

Temples - Squirrels

Let's take it this way, it was a pilgrimage tour. It took me a while to get out of the bed. It was the coldest morning by far. We were out by eight. Dad had to drive with the headlights on. While mom and dad went out in search of duck, aunty and I stayed warm inside. I was sleep deprived.
Our first pit, Swamyambhu. The monkeys were cheeky even in the cold foggy morning, perhaps to do with the crowd, more the people more naughty they become. Puja's done dad handed me a warm cup of tea look like  to drink. I took a sip and Yuck! Apparently, it's a good stuff. Yeap, everything good  in life has to be sour, ugly or hard to accomplish.
Second, Bijeshwori Temple. A newly wed couple were behind us, lined up for puja. They seemed to be in hurry, so did we. Win! moms didn't let them go in even with their humble request. Next was Bhatbhateni Temple where I enjoyed feeding pigeons while moms busy on puja.  Gyneshwor, the final temple for the day. Kids at the temple surrounded me when they heard  squeaking sound of duckling.  I lied and said I wasn't carrying one. Garden of dreams, the final pit for lunch and a nap.