Thursday, December 26, 2013

Chobar

It is not always you get to see the valley with its surrounds. Most of the times it is clouds and mists that obscure the view of the mountains. I was pretty amazed for it was more than just a rare glimpse  of the snowy mountains. Yeap, Chobar is the place. Almost time for the sun to set and the view was spectacular. While I was busy taking a couple of panoramic photos, mom and dad went inside a nearby local cafe, which also had the view. The cafe had some amazing collection of old photos of Kathmandu which could be dated way back to 1901 AD. Adinath Lokeshwar Temple was just a couple of minutes walk up hill. The first thing I noticed was these metal plates and cups and vessels nailed onto the walls of the temple and the surrounds/courtyard. The myth is newlyweds do such to ensure a happy married life. I didn't have my camera with me again but here's more:








WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight