Saturday, November 9, 2013

Swayambhu


Apparently a day off, not from work but hospital; a laid back day and didnt do anything the whole day. An evening tea on the dining table with moms ( mom & aunty) and cousin and we decided to go out. Apparently, we chose Swayambhu for its lights and glory at night. Well, Anju was ready to join us too with her unfinished work. As usual, I had to wash my face and so did my cousin.  Yeap, runs in the family. 


There was not much of a traffic on the way. If you live in Nepal or have been to Nepal, you know how troublesome it is to travel. Glad, the road took us all the way up to the hill, moms wouldnt be able to walk otherwise. At the entrance mom handed me some coins to throw in the wishing pond. The target was a medium size pot in the centre of the pond. Mom did it at once, for us was a struggle. It wasnt that easy as it looked and I wasted coins, didnt do the count though. 


Up the stairs and we found people with long lenses and tripods capturing the beautiful view of the city. Most of them were tourists I guess. I started taking photos while others were busy buying candles. One of the vendors nearby hello-ed me and showed me a gesture. Apparently, I was a tourist for her for she saw camera on my hand. Praying with candles with monkeys around was a bit tricky. I didnt want to close my eyes for long since there's a possibility of monkeys snatching whatever you have in your hand. They almost had us when my aunty stepped her foot onto one of them. They attacked in a group and in an instance.  I could do nothing but scream for I was a distance apart, with camera on my hand.  I could see one of the biggest monkeys hanging onto my mom's kurta, couple on aunty's and others running randomly from all the corners circling moms, Sagar and Anju. Glad, there were other people around, helping to get away. This didn't want us to stay for long for there were moneys everywhere and we were more cautious this time to move around. Anyway, the night was beautiful so was the place. It was a bit chilly on the top but the lights and the vibe was just as awesome. I didnt want to leave considering if there were no harmful and WWF champions 'chimpus' around.