Monday, May 19, 2014

Huka Falls NZ



Huka Falls didnt seem to be far away but it took us about two and half hours drive from Hamilton. It wasn't that hard to find the place except that we took couple of wrong turn. We got there eventually. Woah, the rushing water of Huka Falls, gave me goosebumps whilst crossing over the bridge for a look out. It felt like I've been to this place, like many a times. Sure I have in my dreams. Deja vu moments I guess. 'Huka' is the Maori name of the falls and it means 'foam'. It make sense for it looked like white foam over crystal blue with rapids flowing through the rock face of Waikato river. People should have put more thought into while naming these hands too, not that I don't like my name but curious. The data says, the flow volume of the falls approaches 220,000 litres per second, this could fill two Olympic sized swimming pools per second. I would have loved watching people spin onto the falls but I missed it. People hopping on Hukafalls jet for a spin, salute!  That would have been really scary.