Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dashain

Landing the day before 'Tika' was absurdly fun. It took me almost 2 hours to get out of the airport. Custom queue in the airport was pretty long and slow at the same time. Poor moms (mom and aunty) out in the cold had to wait so long. They must have been tired screening every single of them coming out the door. From blazing hot to rainy cold night of 17 degrees and mom somehow knew I wouldnt be wearing appropriate. She got me a warm shawl and shawl 'khata'. It was cold. The streets were horribly quiet. However, my cousin Sagar wouldn't stop blowing the horn. 
It was past midnight and we woke everyone up at home. A warm cup of tea and chit chat went for a while. The chit chat continued as I struggled to dig out the stuffs. Apparently, it was my sister's packing and I could hardly remember what to who? I took a clever way out of letting the elders choose for themselves. I left the juniors for tomorrow's Tika. Although wide awake I had to force myself to get some sleep for tomorrow's big day, 'Tika'.

Tika blessings in over a decade.