Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Too much of a good thing

Too much of a good thing is a good thing, Nepal Visit 2013

These bells came all the way from Bhaktapur.
I didnt have much time but a week more. Yes, I did extend one week. We had a plan to go to eastern end but we decided to put off. News on landslides & floods and homes being carried away by torrents of water put me off. Heavy rain of monsoon left us clean at home. Food and family kept us busy the whole week. Friends? The world has become virtual, so the friends.
 You are old enough to have your own baby but when you are home, you are still a kid. You even get your runny nose cleaned. A bit too much but hats off Rajya fupu (aunty). The most important was the massage, twice a day every day. No wonder I am missing Anju the most. I had a time of my life.
I never understood the tradition of passing down things nor the idea of people getting hyped on receiving them. The moment mom took out her wedding saree and her mom's wedding saree, I knew I had to keep them, life long. There were some obvious wears and tears; I made dresses out of them. I dont know if I will be wearing them but I have to keep them safe. My grandmother's saree must be atleast 75 years old.
Mom's wedding saree
Nepal bandh (strike) and we made the most out of it, visit relatives and family. I dont know how three weeks passed by. It was just a blink of an eye. It wasnt enough. Despite, I had a great time.
It usually is 'First in First out', but I was the Last in, First out. It always is hard to give these farewell hugs. I was very quick on this, just so that I dont get caught up. First 'fupu' (Rajya aunty), she stood still, mom, I could feel her heart weaken, next was aunty and I had to run with a promise I will make it every two years if not every year.