Sunday, September 9, 2012

Challenge Hike

Add caption
Yet another great hike, however, it was not a stroll. It was a challenge hike and Yes, I made it.Yay! I patted myself. Fantastic coastal scenery along the clifftops of the Royal National Park. 


We witnessed wildflowers in full bloom. A spectacular time of the year to go hiking since they bloom this time a year and only last two weeks (we were told). What we were not aware of was about the crawlers. It was so close and was huge. I jumped up high, grabbed the snake and rolled with it on the ground. No, I am kidding; it almost had me though. That was my first ever encounter. Glad, when I heard the team leader say, 'it wont hurt you'. 





We started our hike with a  Ferry ride to Bundeena. This walk was for experienced hikers only and was a very long walk, there were no 'out' points, and we needed to set a good pace all day.  Awesome day for a hike like this. Enjoyed the coastal walk and color-Blue all the way.





Royal National Park-NSW-Australia Distance: 28kms. Grade: Very Hard.